About the Strawberry Tour
- The Strawberry Tour is a golf tournament series for all amateur golfers of any age and skill level.
- Players can participate in tournaments of about 200 Golf Clubs in Austria, Germany, Italy, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary.
- After purchasing the Strawberry Tour membership card for 49 Euro once per season, the players can experience each “Strawberry Tournament” for the fixed price of 37 Euro (or the regional equivalent) per tournament.
- The players are split into six groups by handicap. The best three results (net points) of each player in different clubs are summarized, resulting in his total points.
- At the end of the season there is a final tournament.
Your advantages at a glance
Mode of play
All Strawberry Tour-players register for their desired tournaments directly at the respective partner Golf Club. All tournaments are organised independently by the Golf Clubs. Scoring is done by "Stableford" and the official golf rules of the R & A Golf Club of St. Andrews and the rules of the individal Golf Club are applied. You can play as many tournaments as you like.
The Strawberry Tour scoring will be calculated exclusively in net points and in these 6 handicap-classes:
- A: Hcp. 0 – 13
- B: Hcp. 13,1 – 18
- C: Hcp. 18,1 – 23
- D: Hcp. 23,1 – 28
- E: Hcp. 28,1 – 36
- F: Hcp. 36,1 – 54
For this classification the handicap of the player is used at the time of the registration and does not change during the season. To get answers to the most common questions please refer to the FAQ.
The cut-off date of the qualification to the final tournament is about 2 to 3 weeks earlier. Please refer to the tournament calendar. Tournaments which take place after the cut-off date are counted towards the score of the next season.
The final results are calculated by adding up the three best net results, obtained in three different Golf Courses. Which means you need to play at least in three different places. The first 30 from each group (A, B, C, D, E, F) are qualified for the finals and receive an invitation.
If two or more players are tied, the best scratch-result is counted, meaning all the other completed tournaments on different Golf Courses are taken into account (the fourth best net score, the fifth best and so on). If there is still no decision then the amount of completed tournaments is used.
Only the 30 best of each group (A, B, C, D, E, F) are qualified for the final tournament and only they receive an invitation. If a qualified player cancels his/her participation, the next in line is asked, whether they would like to participate.
At the final tournament every participant will receive prizes. The top prize, one week of golf vacation at a first-class destination in the Mediterranean Sea, is awarded to the three best of each Handicap-Group.